Monday, 14 May 2012

Ends and beginnings

I did it! I finished the skirt! It took awhile because I decided that the zip was wonky and uneven, so I unpicked it and sewed it on again. I BRAVELY used the zipper foot this time, which wasn't too scary, actually. I mean, I could keep tinkering with the skirt, I want to line it and fix up the hem, which i didn't finish properly, just kind of tacked up. But it's not bad for a first effort.

I was going to do the full reveal tonight, but seem to have come down with a stomach bug and spent the day feeling queasy in bed. I thought it was better to wait until I'm washed and groomed before the big reveal or I might scare my three readers away.

In the meantime: here is a swatch of the amazing Liberty fabric that I picked up for a song. Love! Not sure what project I'll attempt with it, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll do a toile first!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! That's so exciting! Look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete